3 powerful resources to help you become a calm, compassionate, confident caregiver.
- A Physical Copy of Just Tell Her To Stop: Family Stories of Eating Disorders.
- Link to 10 Videos - 10 essential, specific, powerful tools for coping.
- PDF Guidebook - deepen learning on the 10 essential, specific, powerful tools for coping by writing plans to take action and move forward.
The 10 Topics in the Hope Understanding & Guidance (HUG) Kits are:
- RTC - Residential Treatment Centers
- Self Care
- Validate, Listen, Acknowledge
1. Notice the emotions you’re feeling right now. It will help you tolerate your emotions by simply noticing them without judgment.
2. ACCEPT IT: Say the following statement out loud for each of the emotions you’re feeling: “I accept being ____________.”
3. Ask yourself, is this emotion serving me and my loved ones?
Seeing families suffering in isolation grabbed my imagination so much that I wanted to get the
se tools in as many people’s hands as possible
. It’s not possible for everyone to do 1:1 coaching with me so I imagined and created a simple, cost effective way to get these antidotes into family caregiver’s lives and created the HUG Kits.
Be safe out there, this winter is proving to be a wild and wooly one everywhere.